Insight Yoga Teacher Training Intensive - Primary Level with Sarah Powers
A 10-day non-residential 70-hour Yoga Alliance registered intensive. For Yin/Yang Yoga Teachers and Dedicated Practitioners.
In this training we will explore:
- Yin Yoga — how, why and when to practice this style safely and effectively
- Organ health and Yoga practice (sequences for the kidneys, liver, etc.)
- Balancing the Yin style with a Yang practice to support structural strength and stability
- Proper physical alignment in active postures
- The primary focus of ujjayi breath in asana: length, depth and direction
- Mindfulness in asana
- Sequencing of postures for various levels, from the beginner to the intermediate
- How to assist those with injuries
- The use of touch and hands-on adjustments
- Skillful verbal communication
- The teacher/student relationship
- Subtle body anatomy according to Yogic and Chinese philosophy
- Meridian theory and Chinese Medicine
- Buddhist Psychology and emotional maturity
- Kumbhaka (breath retention)
- Nadi Shodhana (alternate nostril breathing)
- Kapalabhati (breath of fire)
Study and Reading/Viewing:
Everyone will also be required to bring Sarah’s book Insight Yoga to class, and to have viewed, at minimum, her DVD, Insight Yoga.
Acquiring an intellectual understanding of the rich diversity of Yoga and Buddhism inspires one’s dedication to the path of awakening; it also fosters a clear level of communication and discussion with others.
Students are required to read the books and view the DVD assigned for this training before they arrive. Readings from these books and viewing of the DVD are an integral part of the training so please order the materials upon registration of the course so you have ample time to read/view them before the training begins.
Outside reading prior to and during the course will be required to enrich one’s overall understanding.
A teacher-training manual will be handed out on the first day of class.
To be eligible to receive the certificate, you will also be asked to write a 2-3 page paper on the purpose and methods of Yin yoga upon completion of the course for assessment.
Please note your email address will be provided to the teacher in order to communicate with you before and after the training regarding pre-course assignments and information about the essay assignment required for the certificate.
April 12-21, 2019
10:30 am-4:30 pm every day.
Scenehuset, Bogstadveien 49 (Majorstua).
NOK 17.000,- (early bird price before September 1, 2018)
NOK 18.000,- (after September 1, 2018)
In order to register for the course, sign up below and pay NOK 1,600 as a non-refundable registration deposit.
You will receive an invoice for the remaining tuition which has to be paid by September 1.
The payment can be split into two down-payments, but the last payment has to be made by September 1.